Thursday, September 10, 2009

Best Mexican Casserole

I've had a few requests to post this recipe so here it is. I got it from my mother-in-law and it is one of my all time favorites! I hope you like it too.


Best Mexican Casserole

2 cans chicken incl. juice (I drain some of the juice just because I don't think it needs it all)
2 cans rotel (I use the Mexican Festival one)
2 cans cream of chicken
1 1/2 soup cans water
2-4 shakes garlic powder
2-4 shakes cumin
1 bag tortilla chips
shredded cheese

Mix together chicken, rotel, cream of chicken, and water. Add in spices.

In 9x13 pan layer tortilla chips (lightly crunched), chicken mix, then cheese. Repeat layers once.

Bake @ 350* for 30-40 minutes

Last time I made this recipe I also added fresh cilantro which was really good too.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks Jenn, you're awesome! I'm so excited to try it out. I just hope it tastes as good as yours.

Sally said...

Man I still need to try that one. Maybe this week some time. When are you going to post pictures from the blessing?

Courtney Curt said...

I tried that last night and I really liked it. Thanks for sharing.