Monday, May 19, 2008

New Recipe

Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Casserole

2 C. diced cooked chicken
8 oz. frozen broccoli cuts, cooked and drained
1/4 C. sour cream
1/4 C. mayo
1/2 tsp chicken bouillon granules, dissolved in 1/4 C. hot water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
4 -5 pieces of bacon, friend crisp and chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Place cooked chicken in casserole dish; top with broccoli. Combine: sour cream, mayo, chicken bouillon (dissolved in water), and garlic powder. Pour over chicken & broccoli. Sprinkle with bacon pieces and top with cheese. Bake at 350* for 30 min.

When Ava was born a friend of mine brought us this dinner. It was really good so I asked for the recipe. I thought I'd share it with you all. This is what my kitchen looked like when I made it. But, I had just come home from the grocery store and I was making two new recipe's in one night. My kitchen isn't always a disaster when I cook.


3 comments:

Lorie said...

Rich says, "Congrat's Jenn, you got 'Crispy Rice' instead of the name brand. You're coming along quite nicely. One of these days days Ava's going to demand NAME brands (noticed the Huggies). Until then, slap those cheap Wal-Mart 'Dri-Bottoms' on her little tooshy. Then with the money you save, you may be able to afford 'Marshmellow Mateys'.

Disclaimer: I, Lorie Cannon, have not part in this comment. Rich took great delight in making his first ever blog comment.

Sally said...

I was going to comment on the Dr. Pepper, but then I noticed it was the caffiene free colored box. Good thing! Or am I thinking backwards??

Anonymous said...

Jenn Burg loved this recipe! He had two plates full! I really liked it too! YUMMY!!! Tonight I am trying the angel chicken tonight and I am starving! I can't wait for it to be done. LOVE YA!! Keep posting recipe's!