My sister-in-law Lorie used to tell Chris and I all the time "Enjoy not having kids while you can." She loves her kids of course and so do we, but she was right. Having a baby changes everything. We can no longer just pick up and go and do whatever we feel like. I'm constantly thinking "well, she'll need a nap at this time" or "she'll need to eat again at this time" etc. So for the most part we have to entertain ourselves at home. And of course, where else are we going to find amusement except with Ava? So, for some strange reason Chris and I enjoy messing with Ava while she's asleep. Here is a little footage of our amusment. We call it "playing dead".
3 comments:
Talk about cheap entertainment!!
Sad but true. Kids really do become your entertainment. It's fun though and like Lorie said it's cheap, so we really should be grateful to them. In fact, I probably should pay them or something...oh wait, I feed, clothe, and `clean up after them!
Hey Jen, this is Kory Sally's sister-in-law, I just had to giggle myself at the little video. That is so true that you find something so funny, but you have to be a parent to get it. I still do things like that when my kids are asleep. You just can't resist.
Post a Comment