In the spirit of homemaking (see post below) Ava and I decided to make cookies today. She's scared of anything that makes a loud noise so for a long time she wouldn't come near the kitchen aid. Today however, she sat right next to it and helped me.
We made Butterscotch Pumpkin Cookies, one of my personal favorites. I don't really like pumpkin flavored stuff, but these cookies are seriously good!
They dont look the prettiest but I promise they taste good.
We made Butterscotch Pumpkin Cookies, one of my personal favorites. I don't really like pumpkin flavored stuff, but these cookies are seriously good!
They dont look the prettiest but I promise they taste good.Butterscotch Pumpkin Cookies
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinammon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C. shortening
1 C. sugar
2 C. brown sugar
1 egg
1 (16 oz) can pumpkin
4 C. Flour
2 C. Oats
2 bags of butterscotch chips
Cream together first 8 ingredients. Add flour, oats and chips.
Bake @ 325* for 15 minutes
yeilds: approx 7 dozen
This recipe is HUGE so I recommend cutting it in half.

8 comments:
Those cookies look amazing I really want to make some, the picture is making me hungry. I hope you guys are still getting better, so that we can hang out some day. Have a great Easter!!
I will try your cookies thanks for posting the recipe...but can we please see some prego pictures! Ava is cute and all but I want to see baby number 2 too!
I will totally make these! I LOVE pumpkin... except I don't have butterscotch chips. I'll bet choc. chips will work too, don't you think? Thanks for the recipe & Ava makes such a cute little cook.
Can I just tell you that I want to look as good as you when I am pregnant! You are seriously one hot momma!!
And these cookies do look extremely yummy! I will have to try it!
Oh my, I really wish we lived close to each other right now. Not only did I need some serious help picking out shoes yesterday, but I really want some of those cookies. I never make them because Josh refuses to eat anything made with pumpkin but they are my absolute favorite.
K-I double recommend these cookies. I think that Sally made these when we were visiting one time, after that I was hooked. I don't even like butterscotch, but these are delectable.
Sorry I've been absent from the blog. Jenn, I love Ava's dress! You did a great job! I'm very proud of you! And cookies too! Looks like you guys had fun. Hugs and kisses.
OK - I finally made these. I'm wondering if I did something wrong though...
I cut the recipe in half like you said and double checked all the ingredients but they came out tasting kind of bland. They are really good, I was just expecting a pumpkin cookie....Are they suppose to be like REALLY pumpkiny?
Post a Comment