Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Nature Of The Beast

Why is it that certain sayings drive us nuts?

For example, my sister-in-law can't stand the saying "Git-R-Done" (do you blame her). I, on the other hand had a boss who would always say "that's just the nature of the beast" and that's the one that drives me nuts.

What saying drives you nuts?

5 comments:

Meghan said...

"We'll play it by ear." I still use this saying, but really, what does it even mean?

Ria said...

My family hates "where are you at?" The at is completely unnecessary in this and many other sentences.

k8e said...

I had a boss that always said, "It behooves me..." and it drove me nuts! Really who says that anyway?! I also hate when people say "preggers" or "prego". Call me old fashion but I hate those terms. Just say pregnant people!

Anonymous said...

the only thing that really drives me nuts is when people say "anyways." Anyways is NOT a word. It is "anyway", lol. Love the dress, Jen, Ava looks BEAUTIFUL in it!!!

Sally said...

Since living in Oklahoma I have discovered the phrase "I seen" and I just want to scream at people "it's I saw, not I seen!"