Monday, April 20, 2009

Pregnancy Glow



Some days are just like this. You wonder how anyone could possibly have such a thing as a pregnancy glow. The only time I remember glowing is from the sweat on face after throwing up repeatedly. And even then I wouldn't really call it a glow. So what exactly is the pregnancy glow? Is there anyone out there who has experienced it and can tell me how wonderful it is? On second thought, maybe I'd rather not know what I'm missing out on.
One other thing...why is it that when we see other women pregnant we just think they look so adorable and cute; but no matter how many times someone tells us we look cute when pregnant we never believe it?
Only 10 weeks left! That's when the countdown for me begins. YEAH!!

6 comments:

Sally said...

It's hard to feel cute when you also feel like an unstable walrus. At least that's what I feel like when I'm pregnant. And, I think maybe only crazy women who love being pregnant get to experience the "glow."

Natalie said...

Thank you for explaining this! I have a friend that is due about the same time as you and she has the cutest little belly (much like you). It's like she's hiding a b-ball in her shirt, but.. she's always saying that she feels so big... I didn't get it.

I think your mom told me once that she really enjoyed being pregnant. I wonder if she experienced this mysterious "glow."

Dee dee said...

I don't think I ever glowed. But I never threw up either. I was pretty tired the first trimester, but after that I felt pretty good. I just loved feeling that new life inside.

Dee dee said...

p.s. Ava looks so cute in her first Easter experience.

Kory Jane said...

According to my mom the "pregnancy Glow" is from the extra blood which makes your skin more pink and healthy. I never felt more attractive with this glow either. It is funny how no one says, "wow you look great with that fat pregnancy face." But you probably never had to deal with that either...;)

Lorie said...

Jenn, I just saw you a few weeks ago and wether you see it or not, you ARE one of those cute pregnant women that everyone else is envious of. You really are adorable! I've never understood the whole "glowing" thing... whatver that means. I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left!