Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm Not Ready

While I am not even CLOSE to being ready for potty training I can at least appreciate that Ava is showing signs of interest. As I was putting on my makeup this morning I hear Ava grunting and saying "poo poo" which is not an uncommon thing. She can usually tell me when she is going or when she has already gone. But after I realized she was continuing to say it (usually this means she is waiting for me to acknowledge her) I finally looked over to find this: Ava was sitting on the toilet going "poo poo". I got a good chuckle out of it and continued on with my makeup. Then a minute later I hear "wipe" and look over to see this:
Ava had helped herself to a piece of toilet paper and was wiping.

I'm so proud!


6 comments:

Meghan said...

I hear ya! Caleb wants to sit on the potty seat every time someone goes into the bathroom...not that convenient since he's in diapers. I'm not ready to potty train him yet, although it would be nice to have no kids in diapers once Molly is born...

Vern said...

Dude, potty training is the worst. I don't envy the fact that you even have to think about it! Then again, you live on a farm. Just send her outside like Lorie does!

Dee dee said...

Great chuckle, only a mother would find joy and write about such a topic. I love it!

Sally said...

And she looks so proud of herself!!

Lorie said...

Oh, I'm sure with Chris as the father, he has already taught her the art of stooping over a log. *sorry*. That iS pretty early! I hope she gets it down faster than Verns or my kids did...

Aves said...

heehee! kids are great! :) I love how proud she looks!