Ava has been asking me if she could go roller skating for a while now. She saw it first on a cartoon (thanks alot Kai Lan!) and so while we were in Medford and had a rink close by and a babysitter for Sadie I thought we'd give it a try.
Then we graduated to the mini rink. I have to say I was impressed. What she was doing was more like walking on skates instead of actual skating but she hardly fell down at all.
Finally we moved onto the big rink. Unfortunately there were a few derby girls there going pretty fast around us and it made Ava nervous.
So after asking a derby girl to take our picture we headed over to the arcades. Ava liked them better anyway.
And she knew exactly what to do.
Afterwards she fell asleep in the car. Roller skating is exhausting. I never did get to show her my skills on skates though. Oh well. Maybe next time.
2 comments:
I wish there was a mini rink at our place here, that would be nice for the younger ones. Ava does look pretty steady though. Macy does OK on the carpet, but once she hits the slick floor it's all over.
It was so fun to have you here! Way too quiet when everyone left. Glad the girls had fun too.
Post a Comment