Monday, September 24, 2012

"The Switzerland of America" {Ouray, Co}

Chris's brothe Mike and his wife Alicia invited us on an overnight trip to Ouray a couple of weekends ago and on a whim we decided to go. It was worth it. It's a short 3 hour drive that takes you to some of the most beautiful mountains and scenery in Colorado.

We started our mini vacation with a trip to the Ouray Hot Springs Pool. Then we headed over to Mike and Alicia's campsite for dinner and s'mores. (You can't go camping and not have s'mores!)

 Saturday morning we all went on a hike up to see a beautiful waterfall.
 Chris held Grace for me because otherwise I wouldn't have made it! :)
 We also took another trail that went up even higher and led to an extremely high bridge (in my opinion!) and a very cool tunnel.
 On the way down Superdad held Ava and Sadie both because they were too tired to walk.
 This picture does not do Ouray any justice but its the only scenery picture I took.
 
 
After the hike we had a nice picnic in the park, headed back to the pool and then headed home.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I love Ava's pose in the tunnel!

Mike, Alicia, Roman & Madden Shideler said...

fun fun... I haven't looked at your blog in a while... it's looking good sis!