There is nothing like having to call Poison Control to make you feel like a bad mom.
Long story short, Ava got into some "outgro" medicine. I had to call poison control. She only got a few drops. She's fine. But I think it's time to child proof the house. (I know I know, I should have done that a while ago!)
BUT, props to Poison Control. They we were really great. They were kind, knowledgeable, and most importantly CALM. I never felt the need to panic. And not only were they great during the call, but a couple of hours later they called back to make sure Ava was still doing okay.
Though I can dream, I know it won't be the last time I have to make that call.
7 comments:
I've made my share of calls to Poison Control. I hope they told you get a bottle a Epicac Syrup to have on hand. I've even had to use that before. NOTE: If you ever have to use it please be sure to keep your child in the bathtub until all vomiting is finished. It is projectile of the worst kind.
I've actually never had to call for my own kids, but do you remember that time I was babysitting for Mom and Shaun swallowed nail polish remover? Fun stuff.
ps. I don't think your a bad Mom until your kid almost drowns right in front of your face because you were on the phone!
Oh, how scary. Glad she's okay.
Have a good Christmas.
Oh, that doesn't make you a bad mom. Remember how mom let me suffocate Sally...
I have never called either, but what a great resource to have. I am sure if I wasn't such a control freak I would have called at least 10 times by now. But I am so weird about control and everything having it's place. No worries, that is what it is for. Josh swallowed the glow stuff from a glow stick and poison control told my mom to have him eat a raw egg. I will never forget the vomit that night resulting from the egg....hmm memories.
This is a good reminder for me to child proof everything! I haven't even started! Glad to hear she is ok. And no, you are not a bad mom!
Post a Comment