Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ballet, Construction, and Corrections


 I signed Ava up for ballet and she had her first class on Wednesday. I'm so giddy about it. She looks so cute in her leotard and tights I just can't help myself. Don't worry. Lest you think I'm a parent who is forcing my daughter to do something in order to live vicariously through her, let me just say she loves it too! Here she is with her class. She's the second one from the right. Her best friend Oakley is two down from her (wearing the same outfit....total coincidence by the way!)
 Doing warm ups with her teacher Ms. Taylor. She's a great teacher!
 Ava and Oakley pose after their first day of ballet together. Little Diva's!
I haven't shown any picture of our construction project lately and apparently I've done a bad job of taking pictures because this is all I have. Our friend and neighbor Thad did the concrete work on the floor of our basement and this is a great picture of him.
 And for some reason I didn't take any pictures after that until today. Sad. But since the concrete they put down the floor/basement ceiling and then today they've start putting up the walls. The opening on the left is where my shower will be and the rectangular opening on the right is the window in my closet. And since taking this picture they have a second wall up on the oppposite side.
 I am so excited to finally see some progress with lumber. haha. The concrete seemed to take forever. Now things will start coming along quickly. Stay tuned for more!

Lastly, Chris is under the impression that no one seemed to know that my last post about "sympathy weight" was actually a  joke. So I need to make sure you all know I wasn't actually making fun of my husband. I would not do that. He put some stuffing up his shirt that we got out of a box and I snapped a picture in front of the donuts because I thought it was funny. In truth, his stomach is flatter than mine.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay for dance classes and frame work. Ava looks adorable in her dance wear.

Keith and I are still a little skeptical that Chris really hasn't put on sympathy weight. The picture looked legit.

Sally said...

Holy smokes Ava's hair is long! She looks adorable in her dance outfit.

Things really have come a long way on your house since the last post. Keep posting updates. I love seeing the progress.

Unknown said...

Excited to see the new addition! It will be great!

Dee dee said...

So glad Ava gets to take dance. It reminds me of you and Trina! Seems like yesterday.

Keith said...

I don't know. Looks like Chris has been sitting around eating Bon Bons and watching the Lakers lose a little too much.

Keith said...

More pictures of the house?

Lorie said...

Cute!