
Well she's here at last. Our little baby girl. Ava Morgan Shideler. She weighed in at 6 lbs 4 oz and was 19" long. She is the sweetest, cutest little girl ever. So far she's been great with her eating/sleeping schedule. She usually goes 2 to 3 hours between feedings during the day and at least one 4 to 5 hour block at night. Her daddy loves her so much. She is his little angel. She will definately be a daddy's girl.
As for the mamma....I am completely exhausted. It is definately harder than I thought it would be. The c-section recovery is a little rough but now, a week later, I'm feeling pretty good. I dont sleep of course. Not only becaues of the feedings but because as a new mom I am not used to all the cute little noises she makes. They keep me up all night long. So far I've only had two "episodes". The first was on day #5. Chris and I have a baby swing that we decided to use to see how she liked it. She was doing good until I heard this click noise and about 30 seconds later the swing broke. She didn't fall completely out and really wasn't even fazed by it. I on the other hand was tramatized. I of course jumped to her aide and then cried while she easily went back to sleep. My second episode was just a case of exhaustion and I decided it would feel really good to just cry. It really does make you feel better to just let it out. Now I feel much better. Just happy to have such a hands on daddy, and of course my own mom here to help me out. They are lifesavers!!
2 comments:
Hi Jenn,
Hope you don't mind, Meghan sent me your blog. Oh my goodness Jenn, she is just beautiful,(but I kinda figured she would be, just look at her Mom!)and such a pretty name! Congratulations and best wishes to your new little family!
Dana Heise
Sorry about the faulty swing... I guess that would be our fault! Glad it didn't phase her and that she's fine. (I always felt bad when they fell off the bed because I underestimated their mobility!) You guys are great parents.
~Lorie
Post a Comment