Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Surviving

The winter of endless colds and being sick finally got us in the hospital.

Sadie has basically been sick all winter long but this past Thursday she started coughing pretty bad and each day it got worse. Finally on Sunday I called the doctor. They had us come down to the clinic and after an examination decided she needed to be hospitalized.

Sadie was diagnosed with RSV bronchiolitis. Her main issue was that she was so congested she wasn't getting enouch oxygen. She also had a fever (that took two days and several doses of tylenol/ibprofun to get rid of), an ear infection, a diaper rash, a rash on her leg, not to mention her 9th tooth coming in. It was not a fun time for her. We were in the hospital for two nights and released Tuesday morning under the condition that Sadie stay hooked up to oxygen.

This was by far the scariest thing thats happened to me as a parent. I am so happy to say that she is doing much better and after a follow up appointment today is now oxygen free. Still congested and coughing a little she is recoving nicely.

Sadie (not happy) in the hospital with her oxygen.

Sadie at home (still with oxygen) but SO much happier. As soon as we got home she was back to being her normal self. It feels so good to be home!!



9 comments:

Dee dee said...

She's cute even with the oxygen. Glad she is doing better.

Sally said...

That hospital shot breaks my heart. I'm so glad you guys are back home now though.

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, saddest thing ever when babies are sick. I can't believe she had all of that at once!!!! POOR THING! Glad she is doing better.

Lorie said...

She has been in our prayers! Glad she is home and doing better.

Lorie said...

She has been in our prayers! Glad she is home and doing better.

Lorie said...

I promise I didn't mean to do that!! I think there are ghosts haunting your web site!! (I swear I just clicked once!)

Natalie said...

Glad you guys are back at home!

aaron and meg facer said...

That IS scary! So glad she's better and back home.

The Yarbrough Clan said...

Jenn!! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! Olivia was hospitalized with RSV for four days!! I'm glad you got to take the oxygen home and I'm glad Sadie is feeling better! I didn't know you posted, so now I'm caught up, I really was just getting on here to tell you that I put the dress that you gave Olivia for my shower on today!! It looks so cute, even though it is a 3-6 month, I used it as a shirt and put some brown leggings on under! SO... I am writing to thank you again! She looks awesome!