Anyway, we've also had a lot of pregnancies and babies in our family and among our friends. There have been a lot of times where I've said to Ava "Remember how "such and such" had a baby in her tummy? Well now the baby is out."
So the other day Ava hikes up her stretch pants and says to me "Mom, I have a baby in my tummy!" Of course I respond with the appropriate "you do!" And then she reaches in her pants, pulls her hand out and says "Here's my baby!" Oh, if only it were that easy! She then preceeded to hand me her the baby ever so carefully telling me "she's so tiny". I of course had to ask if the baby had a name. And she did. "Charlie" she says to me. (The name of her second newest cousin.) I love how these kids think and play and use their imaginations.
Someday when Ava is old enough to understand the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?", I hope she responds exactly like I always did: "A mommy."
7 comments:
Does she have tea parties with her dolls too? Samm has never played with dolls a single day in her life, so I always smile when I see Macy carrying one around.
Little girls and dolls are just so cute. Neither of my girls will play with them. Go figure. She just looks so happy with them all over her.
HOW many pregnancies are at your house, did you say?! :)
Yep, just like her mommy and Auties. Very fun. Hugs and kisses from grandma.
I have to leave one more comment in response to Sally's. I gave Samm her first doll for her first birthday. She was so freaked out that she wouldn't touch it and began to cry everytime you tried to get it near her. The men folk though it would be funny to tie it to her leg. I'm sure was tramatized! I felt so bad I had to go and buy her another toy.
So cute! And, at least in this picture I can't believe how much Ava looks like her momma. So precious!
so cute. love it.
and CUTE short hair cut for sadie!
Post a Comment