Friday, December 3, 2010

FHE & Turkeys

For family night this past week we decorated our Christmas tree. Its the first year we've been able to decorate so early because in the past we've done live trees. This year I bought a prelit tree and it is so nice. I do kind of miss the feel of a real tree but with kids it is so much easier to have a fake. Ava had a really fun time decorating. I don't have a lot of ornaments but that's okay because her attention span only lasted long enough for the ones I do have. All of the ornaments ended up on the bottom 1/4 of the tree, and some branches had two or three ornaments a piece. I fixed that after the kids were in bed.
Sadie didn't really care about decorating the tree. She just liked the FHE treat. She does however really enjoy undecorating the tree! I pick up ornaments all day long!
Now what kid hasn't done this?!! Chris found Ava hiding behind the tree eating a candy cane.
In Other News:
We seem to have adopted two wild turkeys. They are here every day usually right by the back door. After a few weeks I decided to name them. They are now known as (left to right) Thelma & Louise.

3 comments:

Sally said...

I still haven't fixed our Christmas tree. It will probably just stay the way it is, with three ornaments to a branch, until we take it down. And Macy totally had candy canes for breakfast the next day.

Natalie said...

What an appropriate time to make friends with some turkeys. Is Thelma or Louise going to end up as Christmas dinner this year??

What a cute tradition to do your Christmas tree together. Looks like the girls had a ball helping out!

Lorie said...

Those wild turkeys are awesome!! I haven't ever seen them become domesticated before?! Maybe you have a special touch, Jenn.