Halloween costumes are sort of like prom dresses and wedding dresses. Wear 'em once and then you're done. Kind of a waste of money. But we celebrated Halloween four different times this year so it made things a bit more worth it. Plus my girls love dress up so into the dress up box the costumes will go.
First we celebrated by doing "parade through downtown" that the library puts on every year. I don't know if that's what it's actually called but basically we put on our costumes and walk up and down 3rd street and the businesses hand out candy. There is usually a good turnout and it gives the kids another chance to wear their costumes. Above the girls are waiting for the parade to start. Below we are still waiting but this time with Batman (Paul), Robin (Wyatt), and a member of the Red Sox (Rylee).
Friday night was our ward Trunk or Treat. I was tempted to try and pass it off as our actual Halloween and be done with it.....but we didn't.
Sadie, my little cowgirl, eating dinner (or a sucker) at trunk or treat.
Ava and I showing off our costumes. Maybe I didn't mention this, but in case it isn't obvious, Ava is a Princess. Sadie is a cowgirl riding a horse, and I was a cat. And not to be outdone, Chris put on a dreadlocks wig and some Birkenstocks. Unfortunately he is not pictured.
Above you see Sadie taking a drink break while we are trick or treating. Apparently walking around with horse attached to you is a lot of work. We stopped for a drink break in between almost every house.
Here are the girls with friend Rylee waiting for the door to open.
Rylee's dad went a little Clark W. Griswald Jr. on us this year for Halloween so we took a picture with the kiddo's in front of one of his displays. So cute!
And finally, Sadie is in potty training. We'll see how long it lasts. I think I tried 3 times with Ava (for half a day) before I finally stuck with it. She's got a rash that just won't go away so I figure potty training is the only solution. Wish us luck! She's a big girl now.
p.s. scroll down for the latest pictures on our house.
4 comments:
So Chris dressed up to be from Ashland!!!!
So cute!!!
Sadie's outfit is so perfect! And Ava is a beautiful princess of course.
Sadie's hydration stops crack me up. Both the girls look adorable as always. Love their costumes!
Post a Comment