Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our New President

This election was such an historic event. No one can deny such a thing. Although I did not vote for Barack Obama, I commend him for the history he is making.
As I said, I did not vote for Obama. My views and beliefs differ from his in many way. That having been said, I still believe that as citizens of the United States of America, the greatest country in the world, it is our responsibility to be just that: United. As a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, it is my belief that we should honor and sustain our leaders, no matter the differences in opinion. And I will do just that.
But I also believe that we cannot stop fighting for what we believe in. The world is becoming a more evil place each and every day. Those of us who still hold our values high and strong need to keep fighting. We need to make our voice heard.

Country First!

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Amen! I loved McCain's speach last night as well as Pres. Bush's this morning. Many countries break out in violence after such a heated election but in ours, the opposing leaders give their support and ask for ours as well. We are so blessed to live in this country. God's hand has been in it from the beginning and let's hope it continues. :)

Anonymous said...

PERFECTLY SAID JENN! PERFECTLY SAID! I feel that now that we have a President who is possibly the most liberal president we have ever had we will need to fight even harder to protect our beliefs and what we stand for. The fight will be harder and we will need to be more courageous - this is our responsibility as citizens and as members of the church how blessed we are to have this ability. We need to all be united under our new leadership no matter our differences in beliefs but this does not mean we stand back in the name of tolerance - we still fight for truth and righteousness at all times and in all things and in all places!

Sally said...

I'm not really a political person. I never get into the debates or follow what is going on. I do agree though that even though Obama isn't the one who I thought should lead this country, I do think it is an exciting time in history. Let's just all start praying that we don't go to socialized medicine. I can't handle being dirt poor for the rest of my life!

Steph said...

Well said!