On Friday I had a doctor's (midwife) appointment. This is only my second pregnancy so I don't have a lot of experience, but I'm pretty sure my doctor isn't suppose to laugh at me.
I pulled up my shirt so that she could check the baby's heartbeat and measure me. Upon seeing my stretch marks (yes it is terribly painful for me to tell you all that I have them) she asks "oh, what number is this for you" (because obviously I've had one before) and I say "number two". Then she says "and how old is your first?" I hate when people ask this. "15 months" I say (no use pretending). And then she laughs.
Isn't that what they call bad bedside manners?
8 comments:
hmm.. do I not understand cuz I don't get it. why would she laugh?
She laughed because the kids are so close in age. She's laughing because she knows it's going to be hard and she's glad its me and not her.
Yeah, but in the long run you'll have kids that will have a blast together!
That is so unprofessional!! I don't care if they are 9 months apart! I don't blame you for being a little irritated.
Hey, what is it with you and Chris & your insane medical/dental experiences??!! Please, Oh Please blog Comfort Dental!!! Please...!
Ya, that's a little unprofessional, but I too am glad it's you and not me. I'll just laugh at you behind your back though!! J/k It will be fine. Many Mom's have survived kids close in age.
I am so with you when it comes to stretch marks! It looks like a bear ripped into boths sides. I hate it but what's a girl to do!
Oh, I gotcha. Duh.
Well, let me just say as a mom with kids 17 months apart, YOU CAN DO IT! The first 6 months are tough but whatever.. like your mom said, once they are older, they will be the best buddies. :)
You know, Logan and Gabe are 16 months apart and yes that first year was ROUGH, but now they are the best of friends and I love how close they are. Nothing is better than two kids close enough to entertain each other.
Post a Comment