Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ode To Running Water

Running Water

Oh how I miss your steamy heat
Cleansing my face and hands and feet.

Oh how I miss the icy cold burst
When you were there to quench my thirst.

And since they can't be done with wishes
I really REALLY miss you doing the dishes.

Oh, running water, please come back
So I won't have to get up and pack!

5 comments:

CottageGirl said...

Uh-OH!! No running water with children is not a good thing! Good luck!

Sally said...

So sorry! How long is it off?

Jenn said...

It went out Saturday Night. We called the plumber first thing Monday morning and they said it would be a day or two before they could get to us! So who knows. Hopefully it will be back tomorrow!

Lorie said...

I didn't know you were a poet! Have you had to go down to the creek??

Dee dee said...

A poet and didn't know ... I was?