Monday, December 5, 2011

Florida, we miss you already! (Part 2 - Clearwater Beach)

After Disney World we spent the next three days at Clearwater Beach. It was amazing! The weather was perfect, our hotel was right on the beach plus it had a pool, and the girls absolutely loved it!

 We got to Clearwater late afternoon but the girls were anxious to see the beach so we went out for a little bit and Chris found some kind of sea creature right on the beach. I still don't know what it was but Ava enjoyed looking at it.
 The ocean water was pretty cold so Chris let Sadie take a ride on his shoulders.
 The first night at the beach Chris went out to get us food for breakfast in the morning and when we came back he said he wanted to show me something. He took me out on our 5th floor balcony and this is what I saw. I had to wait until morning to take a picture because it was too dark and I was so relieved to find it still there in the morning. It was huge too.
 We bought a few sand toys for the girls and they were very entertained with that. The sand was so white and fine it was perfect for playing in.


 Chris and the girls running from the waves. It quickly became Sadie's favorite game.
 Chris buried Ava in the sand....she is actually standing up in this picture.....and then had to pull her out. She doesn't look like she is enjoying it, but she really did. I promise. He buried her several different times.
 Sadie is a little camera shy so they only way to get her to actually let me take a picture with her looking at me and smiling is to tell her NOT to look at me and smile. Works every time.


 Chris also found this perfectly preserved horse shoe crab.
 As long as the sun was shining it was warm enough to get in the pool. I'm kind of a wuss though so as soon as a cloud came by I'd be freezing again. But we had weather in the 70's the whole time and lots of sunshine......
 Chris didn't know it yet, but he has a sunburn to prove it!
The girls and I getting warm in our towels on our last day at the beach.
The trip home was long but the girls did really well. They were nice to each other, they didn't cry or complain (even though Ava got carsick on the way to the airport and threw up) and we finally made it to Denver after 14 hours of traveling. Unfortunately we came home to a snow storm and we had to stay near Denver and come home the next morning. But we finally made it. I'm glad to be home but I just have to say.....I'm freezing my buns off!! I miss the Florida sunshine already.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

So jealous! December is the perfect time for a trip to the beach :) Great pictures, you have the perfect little models to take lots of pictures of. Glad you guys had fun!

I also have to say that from your Thanksgiving post to this one Ava looks so grown up!

Dee dee said...

Looks like lots of fun. Do you know how many times I've been to Clearwater Beach! We went there frequently as a family. Wish I had known you been on the gulf coast I would have had you call Uncle Tony.