Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sadie Sue

**This happened over Thanksgiving so I'm a little late but I wanted it recorded somewhere and I'm no good at journals**

For reasons that I don't know, my sister Sally was given the nickname Sally Sue by my dad. When Sally had her first girl and named her Samm, my dad started calling her Sammy Sue. Over the past several months that he's been here working it's always been Sadie Sue. (by the way my mom's middle name is Sue but I have no idea if that has anything to do with it. I think it's just the "S" names).

So now that you have that background info I can move on to the real story. I've been trying to teach Sadie how to respond when asked "what's your name?" because she has always responded simply "Me". Over thanksgiving her Aunt Lorie was here and did her best to teach Sadie her name, and by golly it worked.

When Lorie proceeded to ask Sadie what her middle name was and Sadie didn't know, Lorie informed her it is Sadie Cora.

Ava quickly chimed in "No, it's Sadie Sue!"

Thanks dad. I got a good laugh out of that one!

3 comments:

Lorie said...

By the title, I thought you might be legally changing her middle name! Sadie Sue does have a nice ring to it but I love Sadie Cora. Anyway, you are welcome for teaching your child who she is. LOL!!!

Dad said...

Not only was it Sally Sue, it was often Sally Sue Magoo. You are lucky Ididn't go there with Sadie!

Sally said...

My friend asked Macy the other day what her middle name is and she said "Macy Face." Josh started calling her that for some reason when she was a baby and it stuck. She doesn't quite understand the difference between a nickname and a middle name so she also told my friend that Laila's middle name is bug!

I was also called Sister Sue.