Wednesday, December 21, 2011

You can't catch me....

....I'm the gingerbread man!

We made our first ever gingerbread houses this year. Or I should say decorated our first ever. The house came pre assembled. But we had fun doing it. And I'll bet half the candy has already been eaten. Here are a few pictures from our fun afternoon with our friends.

 See Sadie in the background? Yeah, that's about as long as she lasted. She ate a few candies and was done. Until the end when she came back for more candy.
Ava lasted through the roof and a few windows and things on the side of the house.

The rest was me. And yes, I'm proud of my first gingerbread house since I was a kid. (Ours is on the right). It includes coconut for icicles, cut up sour licorice strips for grass, cut up licorice for chimney bricks, and huge piles of frosting to represent snow covered bushes. It was a masterpiece.
 Ava and Oakley, not too excited about taking pictures.
At least I got one smile.

And do you think we were able to get one single picture of all three of us looking at the camera and smiling at the same time? Of course not.

We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and look forward to sharing ours with you.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Looks delicious! We are making ours tomorrow but it probably won't look as awesome as yours.

Vern said...

I think Sadie and I would get along real fine.