Thursday, January 8, 2009

Goodbye Sunny San Diego

For the New Year we went to San Diego with Chris's family. Chris's parents rented a beach house that we all stayed in for a week. It was so fun to get away from snowy, cold Colorado and enjoy some sunshine. Here are a few (a lot) of pictures from our vacation.

This parking lot was right across the street from our house so the kids (Chris included) would go out almost everyday and feed the birds. Ava now loves birds.
Go Broncos!! (Too late? Darn!) The last Bronco's game of the season just happened to be against the San Diego Chargers and just happened to be in San Diego while we were going to be there so of course we got tickets. 10 of us went: 9 bronco fans and 1 charger fan (see above picture). Unfortunately for 9 of us, the Bronco's got run over. Fortunately for the Steelers (and anyone else who might play the chargers post season) they have a new fan! I'm rooting for your team Burg!
We went to Sea World and Chris insisted that we sit in the 4th row while we saw Shamu. This is a post Shamu picture. You may not be able to see it, but we are all drenched!!Ava's first birthday happened to be on the day we were flying to San Diego so we had a birthday party for her a few days later. It wasn't anything too exciting or grand but since she won't remember anyway, I guess it doesn't matter.

She did have a grand time eating her cupcake though!
Ava LOVED the beach. She was cracking up and running around.......
...and even trying to eat the sand (successfully, one time).
Chris, Richard (the Chargers fan), and his daughter Carlee rented wet suits (the water was a bit chilly) and tried their hand at body boarding and surfing. They actually did pretty decent, too.
Ava also tried her hand at (sand) surfing.
The second day we went to the beach it was pretty windy and a little cool so I kept Ava out of the water but she had a blast digging in the sand.
Grandpa was kind enough to bury Ava's legs in the sand (like every kid does) and she enjoyed every second of it. She also LOVED playing with her cousins.And lastly, the pool in the backyard of our house was freezing but Ava loves all water so she wanted to play in it anyway. She was only allowed in up to her feet but she had a blast.
I was sad to come back to what seems like 10 feet of snow (probably more like 2) but I did miss being home and it was nice to come back. Goodbye Sunny San Diego! Hello Cold Colorado.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! I would love to get somewhere sunny and warm right now. There is a sheet of ice covering our driveway and I am not quite sure how we will make it to church today.

Sally said...

Her swimsuit is so cute. And her hair is getting so long. I wish I was in San Diego at the beach right now.

Lorie said...

Aaaahhh, the memories. I'm glad I have a copy of all of your pictures, too! I'll send you some of the ones I took. Do you need one of Chris & his "Sexy Redneck" shirt? It was so much fun but really good to be home. Love ya tons!

Dee dee said...

What a fun time. Ava gets her love of the beach from her grandma!

Steph said...

Happy Birthday to Ava, I can't believe she is one!!! Crazy! I love her little swimsuit, too cute. Looks like you guys had a fun trip.