Friday, February 27, 2009

Book Club

I love, love love, to read. I can't get enough of books. I love to be able to use my imagination so much in picturing the characters and the setting, etc. So I am very excited about the book club I've joined. It's a group through church that getstogether every two months (people are too busy to do more often than that) to discuss the chosen book. Because I love to read so much and just think that everyone should enjoy it as much as me, I am going to start posting the book club book so that anyone interested can read along too. Then after we have our discussion I'll post my opinions on the book (just in case you'd rather not read it until after you hear if I actually enjoyed it).

Tonight was my first discussion and it was for a book called "I Capture The Castle" by Dodie Smith. It was a cute book and I do recommend it. I loved the writing style and the story was cute and creative. I didn't love the ending, but I didn't hate it either. If you like to read, it's worth your time.

The next book, which we'll be discussing in April is "Follow the River" by James Alexander Thom. We all take turns recommending books and this book was recommended by me. So I've already read it and can tell you it's a great book. Based on a true story about a woman captured by Indians and the story of her escape. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I never have time to read. When do you?? During naptime I bet. :)

Mike, Alicia, Roman & Madden Shideler said...

I'm so excited for your book club... I'll try to remember to grab the book next time I'm at the store.
I'm currently reading the Leven Thumps books. I'm on book 3. I love young adult/children literature (ie: Harry Potter, Twilight Series, Leven Thumps) Does that make me weird?