Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2 Heart Stopping Moments

I knew this day would come. I've been waiting. Hoping and Praying that it would came Later rather than Sooner. But I knew there was no putting it off forever.....

1st moment: I saw a mouse in my house. It was awful. Surprisingly, I didn't scream, but probably only because Ava was asleep and mommy instinct told me if I screamed she would wake up. It was a tiny little thing that raced from the bathroom into the TV room then dissappeared. I got Chris out of bed to come find it but he couldn't find it. So now all I can do is wait, and wait some more for it to show its ugly head again.

2nd moment: The end of fall is the time when deer and elk start coming down from the mountains and you start to see them all the time in the fields and sometimes on the roads. Chris told me it was inevitable. Someday I would hit a deer who jumped out in the road. He told me when the day comes, don't swerve. Just hit it. It's generally worse if you try to swerve out of the way. You end up going into a ditch, or worse, over the edge of a cliff. Yesterday a deer ran out in front of me. I didn't swerve. And I didn't hit the deer! I was going slow enough and it was fast enough that it got out of my way in time and I just kept going. Phew!

6 comments:

Courtney Curt said...

Oh man - I hate seeing mice. They give me the heeby jeebies! That's crazy you see one, then almost hit a deer too. Funny that Chris prepared you for it. Good thing. I loved Ava's outfit on Sunday. She's so cute.

Courtney Curt said...

You're planning to go see Twilight in the theater aren't you?! If so, we have to all go together! Not too much longer!

Anna-Kare said...

Glad you survived both events. I don't know which one would have scared me more. Why do little mice have that affect on us?

Sally said...

Hey, welcome to the mouse club. Our cat did finally get rid of ours but I'm sure there will be more. I'm glad you didn't actually hit the deer. My heart would definitely be racing though too, just having one jump out in front of me.

Lorie said...

Be careful!! It's happened to all of us so don't feel bad when it does. GET A CAT!!!!!

k8e said...

Yes, I would definitely get a cat. We have a neighbor cat and I see him catching mice all the time in the field behind us. It's kind of comforting to know he is killing them! :o) And, I almost hit a deer a couple of years ago. I don't think my heart has ever pounded that hard in my entire life!! I hate that feeling!

Oh, and the girl with the curly hair is Katrina. She just got married last March and is working in downtown SLC at the courthouse. I think all 3 of us went to Idaho Falls one time to go shoppping. Is that the girl you are thinking of?