Friday, October 3, 2008

Diaper Cake

My first ever diaper cake! This is for my sister-in-law Phoebe. But, ssshhhh, it's a surprise! Her mom is throwing her a surprise brunch (Phoebe doesn't love showers), and instead of bringing gifts, they told people to bring diaper creations. I couldn't think of anything creative, so I just went with the traditional diaper cake.

Chris thought I was crazy when I said diaper cake, but once it was done he said it was "cuter than I pictured in my head". Thank goodness for that!

I know I'm not the most creative person in the world, but for my first one I think I did pretty good. I even hid little presents like bibs and tights on the inside of the cake. It's not perfect, but I sure had fun doing it!

6 comments:

Meghan said...

Jenn, that is so CUTE!! My mom made me one for my shower for Caleb, and I loved it. You did a great job! And I think you're creative...

Anna-Kare said...

That is so cute! And I beg to differ....you are definitely creative! Maybe you are just beginning to discover that about yourself. Congratulations on a success!

Amy said...

Jenn THAT IS AMAZING! You're way creative! SUPER SUPER CUTE!

Steph said...

Okay, so I should have paid you to do mine for me. LOL. This is so cute, way to go!

Sally said...

That looks way better than the one I attempted a long time ago. Very nice. I'm not going to see a picture tommorrow of you baking cupcakes with your hair curled am I? BTW, Joni made Samm a reversible apron for her birthday and it is soo cute. I was actually jealous of my 6 year olds present. how sad is that.

Anonymous said...

not gonna lie Jenn, that is pretty sweet. lovin it